DUTY LOCATION: Kathmandu
VALID DATE: Closed
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing efficient and effective project management for a 3 year Joint Global Health Trial project: ACT-South Asia.
OUCRU-NP was founded in 2003 and has since established a reputation as one of the leading clinical research groups in Nepal. Birat Nepal Medical Trust (BNMT Nepal) is a dynamic Nepalese non-governmental organisation dedicated towards the improved health and well-being of Nepali people since 1967.
ACT- South Asia is funded through the joint global health trials scheme and is a phase IV, multicentre, multi-country, comparative double blind, 1:1 randomised clinical treatment trial of typhoid fever in children and adults. The purpose of this trial is to generate new knowledge and interventions for enteric fever that will contribute to the improvement of health in the South Asian region.
- Develop and monitor project implementation timelines;
- Liaise diplomatically with all project partners in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Vietnam, and UK.
- Travel to project partner sites as required.
- Monitor project progress and support partners in troubleshooting issues.
- Monitor risks to the project and its timelines and escalate issues as appropriate
- Prepare ethical committee reports as required in consultation with PI and project partners
- Liaise with research and business services and finance departments in OUCRU Vietnam to ensure compliance with all internal processes.
- Prepare public engagement, media and website material in liaison with OUCRU-NP and Vietnamcommunications department and project partners.
- Maintain and update project website with the help of IT services.
- Support partners to prepare and ensure timely delivery of all reports required by funders.
- Monitor and plan budgeting and expenditure.
- Support research staff in project delivery.
- Liaise with OUCRU-NP administrator to plan and co-ordinate project meetings.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role as directed by your line manager.
Masters level or higher in a relevant subject.
News & Events
Stakeholder consultation under READ-It project
Stakeholder consultation on 'Calcium supplementation to pregnant women in Nepal: Its implications on reduction of pre-eclampsia' was conducted on 18th April 2021 under the READ-It project. In the program, government...
Strategic Planning workshop
BNMT Nepal organized a 2 days strategic planning workshop from 13th to 14th April in Nagarkot, Kathmandu. In the program, the team along with the representatives of the executive board...
Experience of participating in the Union Conference, Hyderabad
It was a great opportunity for me as a part of the IMPACT TB team to participate in the 50th Union World Conference on Lung Health, held in Hyderabad India, from 30th October to 2nd November, 2019. The Union Conference...