DUTY LOCATION: Kathmandu
VALID DATE: Closed
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing efficient and effective project management for a 3 year Joint Global Health Trial project: ACT-South Asia.
OUCRU-NP was founded in 2003 and has since established a reputation as one of the leading clinical research groups in Nepal. Birat Nepal Medical Trust (BNMT Nepal) is a dynamic Nepalese non-governmental organisation dedicated towards the improved health and well-being of Nepali people since 1967.
ACT- South Asia is funded through the joint global health trials scheme and is a phase IV, multicentre, multi-country, comparative double blind, 1:1 randomised clinical treatment trial of typhoid fever in children and adults. The purpose of this trial is to generate new knowledge and interventions for enteric fever that will contribute to the improvement of health in the South Asian region.
- Develop and monitor project implementation timelines;
- Liaise diplomatically with all project partners in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Vietnam, and UK.
- Travel to project partner sites as required.
- Monitor project progress and support partners in troubleshooting issues.
- Monitor risks to the project and its timelines and escalate issues as appropriate
- Prepare ethical committee reports as required in consultation with PI and project partners
- Liaise with research and business services and finance departments in OUCRU Vietnam to ensure compliance with all internal processes.
- Prepare public engagement, media and website material in liaison with OUCRU-NP and Vietnamcommunications department and project partners.
- Maintain and update project website with the help of IT services.
- Support partners to prepare and ensure timely delivery of all reports required by funders.
- Monitor and plan budgeting and expenditure.
- Support research staff in project delivery.
- Liaise with OUCRU-NP administrator to plan and co-ordinate project meetings.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role as directed by your line manager.
Masters level or higher in a relevant subject.
News & Events
Creativity and Storytelling Workshop
On 8th November 2021, a one-day Creativity and Storytelling workshop was organized for BNMT staff in Hotel Shankar, Kathmandu. The workshop was facilitated by international Executive Performance Coach, Robert Hale....
Participation in the Virtual 52nd Union World Conference on Lung Health
BNMT Nepal was delighted to participate in the virtual 52nd Union World Conference on Lung Health organized by The Union from 19th to 22nd October 2021. On behalf of the...
That feeling of being cured from TB! – Journey of a 28-year-old mother
We were celebrating our family ritual, and in the evening, I puked blood. I was scared to death about what happened to me. My mother in law suggested that probably the ritual was not performed correctly, therefore I had to...