DUTY LOCATION: Kathmandu
VALID DATE: Closed
BNMT is partnering with the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK in a research project entitled “The Research, Evidence and Development Initiative (READ-IT; www.evidence4health.org )” in Nepal to be launched from June 2020. The Research Assistant role will be primarily desk-based, to assist the Post Doctoral Researcher (PDR) in conducting systematic retrieval and data-extraction of web-based literature for evidence synthesis. The role will also entail to assist PDR in designing, conducting and follow-up of policy dialogues with relevant stakeholders, including at ministerial level, with support and mentorship from researchers at the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK. The aim of these meetings will be to identify priority questions for the health sector in Nepal and to disseminate research findings in a digestible form to facilitate the translation of knowledge to action.
- Assist Postdoctoral researcher in designing and conducting the READ-IT research in collaboration with LSTM, funded by the DfID with national and international team;
- Conduct meticulous, a diligent systematic review of published and grey literature.
- Proactively identify relevant data sources
- Review retrieved articles against a standardised checklist
- Systematically extract data from included literature using standardised methodologies
- Contact authors as necessary to solicit missing information
- Compile summaries and reports as required
- Assist PDR to facilitate to share the findings of the researches conducted by the BNMT NEPAL under various projects at national and international level forums;
Program Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Assist PDR to develop project plans, budgets, and reports as requiredLiase with administration and finance teams to assist PDA in organising workshops and meetings
- Facilitate smooth delivery of meetings and workshops by providing support as required
- Organise receipts and keep accurate records of project expenditure as required by finance team
- Coordinate with other staff for effective implementation of all planned programme activities;
- Ensure that study Policies, procedures, research protocols etc. are implemented smoothly.
Donor and Regular Programme Reporting
- Assist PDR for preparing and submitting timely, well written and accurate reports as per the donor requirement;
- Assist PDR in preparing consolidated programme research reports along with the project team for submission to the SMT, Executive Director as required;
- Assist PDR to ensure proper development and documentation of programme related papers.
Coordination, Liaison and Advocacy
- Develop networking system with partners and advocate BNMT NEPAL programmes as appropriate;
- Coordinate with line agencies, health staff and authorities at central, regional and international levels;
- Liaise and coordinate with different I/NGOs for collaboration and partnership as well as for exchanging and sharing of information and lessons learned;
- Co-ordinate regularly with other staff of BNMT NEPAL;
- Attend regular meetings with stakeholders as when required.
- Carry out other activities as reasonably requested by supervisors.
Education and Experience
- BPH or Bachelor Level Degree in Health related field with 2-years working experience in research activities. Masters Degree in Health related field will be an added advantage.
- Appreciation of health and development issues of Nepal;
- Diligent, meticulous and detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills (IPR);
- Able to communicate clearly in both English and Nepali;
- Computer literate with knowledge and experience of data base programmes (EPI Info/SPSS/Access), and presentations (PowerPoint);
News & Events
DrOTS Nepal is the winner of AUVSI XCELLENCE Humanitarian Award
Our drone project, Drone Optimized Therapy System (DrOTS Nepal) has been declared as the winner of the prestigious AUVSI XCELLENCE Awards in the Humanitarian category at the AUVSI XPONENTIAL AWARDS...
Project SUSTAIN: Distribution of essential supplies to the vulnerable communities
As an urgent response to the coronavirus pandemic, BNMT Nepal is implementing ‘Project SUSTAIN: Emergency Support and Sustenance to Communities Affected by Crisis’ in Morang, Pyuthan, Mahotari, Chitwan and Bardiya...
Experience of participating in the Union Conference, Hyderabad
It was a great opportunity for me as a part of the IMPACT TB team to participate in the 50th Union World Conference on Lung Health, held in Hyderabad India, from 30th October to 2nd November, 2019. The Union Conference...