National Tuberculosis Program – Eastern Development Region
As of March 2017, the following activities have been accomplished in the eastern Development Region:
- Regional Planning/Sharing Meeting on 20th Feb 2017 with RHD, RTLO, Save the Children and BNMT staffs.
- Pre-planning and coordination meeting from 1st to 11th March 2017 with D/PHO, RTLO, DTLO and BNMT staffs.
- Total 6 numbers of one-day district wise planning and sharing workshops conducted on various dates from 6th to 14th March with D/PHO, RTLO, DTLO, District Supervisor and BNMT staffs.
- District level stakeholder’s coordination and collaboration meetingon 22nd February 2017with NATA, Biratnagar.
- TB orientation to school health teachers conducted in Jhapaon 15th March for 20 participants focusing on NTP, NSP,Tuberculosis, BNMT project and its working modality;also developed an action plan for school children orientation.
- Joint monitoring and supportive supervision visit from 1st to 15th March 2017 lead by Regional TB/Leprosy focal person to 7 intervention districts.
During this period, the project successfully detected 6 new cases in hard to reach population in terai districts by establishing sputum courier system to Microscopic centres.
News & Events
Stakeholder consultation under READ-It project
Stakeholder consultation on 'Calcium supplementation to pregnant women in Nepal: Its implications on reduction of pre-eclampsia' was conducted on 18th April 2021 under the READ-It project. In the program, government...
Strategic Planning workshop
BNMT Nepal organized a 2 days strategic planning workshop from 13th to 14th April in Nagarkot, Kathmandu. In the program, the team along with the representatives of the executive board...
Experience of participating in the Union Conference, Hyderabad
It was a great opportunity for me as a part of the IMPACT TB team to participate in the 50th Union World Conference on Lung Health, held in Hyderabad India, from 30th October to 2nd November, 2019. The Union Conference...