National Tuberculosis Program – Eastern Development Region
As of March 2017, the following activities have been accomplished in the eastern Development Region:
- Regional Planning/Sharing Meeting on 20th Feb 2017 with RHD, RTLO, Save the Children and BNMT staffs.
- Pre-planning and coordination meeting from 1st to 11th March 2017 with D/PHO, RTLO, DTLO and BNMT staffs.
- Total 6 numbers of one-day district wise planning and sharing workshops conducted on various dates from 6th to 14th March with D/PHO, RTLO, DTLO, District Supervisor and BNMT staffs.
- District level stakeholder’s coordination and collaboration meetingon 22nd February 2017with NATA, Biratnagar.
- TB orientation to school health teachers conducted in Jhapaon 15th March for 20 participants focusing on NTP, NSP,Tuberculosis, BNMT project and its working modality;also developed an action plan for school children orientation.
- Joint monitoring and supportive supervision visit from 1st to 15th March 2017 lead by Regional TB/Leprosy focal person to 7 intervention districts.
During this period, the project successfully detected 6 new cases in hard to reach population in terai districts by establishing sputum courier system to Microscopic centres.
News & Events
Project SUSTAIN: Distribution of essential supplies to the vulnerable communities
As an urgent response to the coronavirus pandemic, BNMT Nepal is implementing ‘Project SUSTAIN: Emergency Support and Sustenance to Communities Affected by Crisis’ in Morang, Pyuthan, Mahotari, Chitwan and Bardiya...
Death of Ian Baker
On 12th April, Ian Baker, one of Britain Nepal Medical Trust’s longest serving Trustee, passed away after fighting long battle against Dementia. A visionary, strategic thinker and committed leader, Ian...
Reminiscing a great career enhancing opportunity
It was a wonderful oncology fellowship experience at the hospital from July to September 2018. I take it as a lifetime achievement possible with the support of BNMT team in Kathmandu and Great Britain especially, Co-Chair Dr. Gillian. The Fellowship...