National Tuberculosis Program Update – Case detection and diagnosis
Under the project, National Tuberculosis Program, the following activities have accomplished till mid-June 2017.
TB case detection in hard to reach population
- In hard to reach terai districts, 151 DOTS Centers have been linked to the courier system
- In hard to reach hill districts, 412 DOTS Centers have been linked to the courier system.
- In hard to reach terai districts, sputum samples were collected from 171 presumptive TB cases,out of those 16 were diagnosed to have TB.
- In hard to reach hill districts, sputum samples were collected from 896 presumptive TB Cases, out of those 20 were diagnosed with TB.
Mandatory Contact Tracing
- Under this activity, 1798 number of visits were made to the households of PBC and child cases and 8079 family contacts were screened, out of which 98 TB cases were diagnosed.
Presumptive DR TB cases screening and detection
- 348 DOTS Centres have been linked to Microscopic Centres in courier system
- 138 presumptive DR TB cases have been screened through courier system, out of which 2 cases were diagnosed to have DR TB.
- 78 family members of DR TB cases have been screened, out of which 2 cases were diagnosed to have DR TB.
News & Events
DrOTS Nepal in National Television
On 4th Jan, 2020, news about the drone project, DrOTS Nepal was broadcasted in national television, Kantipur TV. The news mainly focused on how the drone is functioning and supporting...
IMPACT 2 TB: Signing of MOU with the Ministry of Health and Population
After the successful completion of IMPACT TB phase I, BNMT Nepal is implementing the second phase, IMPACT 2 TB, ‘Implementation Modeling and Validation to Accelerate TB elimination in Nepal’ funded...
Reminiscing a great career enhancing opportunity
It was a wonderful oncology fellowship experience at the hospital from July to September 2018. I take it as a lifetime achievement possible with the support of BNMT team in Kathmandu and Great Britain especially, Co-Chair Dr. Gillian. The Fellowship...