National Tuberculosis Program Update – Case detection and diagnosis
Under the project, National Tuberculosis Program, the following activities have accomplished till mid-June 2017.
TB case detection in hard to reach population
- In hard to reach terai districts, 151 DOTS Centers have been linked to the courier system
- In hard to reach hill districts, 412 DOTS Centers have been linked to the courier system.
- In hard to reach terai districts, sputum samples were collected from 171 presumptive TB cases,out of those 16 were diagnosed to have TB.
- In hard to reach hill districts, sputum samples were collected from 896 presumptive TB Cases, out of those 20 were diagnosed with TB.
Mandatory Contact Tracing
- Under this activity, 1798 number of visits were made to the households of PBC and child cases and 8079 family contacts were screened, out of which 98 TB cases were diagnosed.
Presumptive DR TB cases screening and detection
- 348 DOTS Centres have been linked to Microscopic Centres in courier system
- 138 presumptive DR TB cases have been screened through courier system, out of which 2 cases were diagnosed to have DR TB.
- 78 family members of DR TB cases have been screened, out of which 2 cases were diagnosed to have DR TB.
News & Events
Project SUSTAIN: Distribution of essential supplies to the vulnerable communities
As an urgent response to the coronavirus pandemic, BNMT Nepal is implementing ‘Project SUSTAIN: Emergency Support and Sustenance to Communities Affected by Crisis’ in Morang, Pyuthan, Mahotari, Chitwan and Bardiya...
Death of Ian Baker
On 12th April, Ian Baker, one of Britain Nepal Medical Trust’s longest serving Trustee, passed away after fighting long battle against Dementia. A visionary, strategic thinker and committed leader, Ian...
Experience of participating in the Union Conference, Hyderabad
It was a great opportunity for me as a part of the IMPACT TB team to participate in the 50th Union World Conference on Lung Health, held in Hyderabad India, from 30th October to 2nd November, 2019. The Union Conference...