National Tuberculosis Program Update – Other activities
Under the project, National Tuberculosis Program, the following activities have been completed in Eastern Development Region as well as Mid/Far Western Development Regions till mid-June 2017.
- 97 events organized to orient the school children on TB.
- 14 events organized to provide orientation for Health teachers on TB.
- 3 events of interaction programs organized for Public Private Practitioners on National TB program, benefitting 180 participants.
- Strengthened referral mechanism in TB/HIV -27 events of orientations organized for cross referral of TB/HIV,benefitting 656 health workers.
- 2 events organized to initiate orientation on Isoniazid Preventive Therapy (IPT) for RTLO and DTLO in Nepalganj and Hetauda with 42 participants.
- Orientation conducted for BNMT staffs on courier system strengthening, initiation of IPT, malnutrition and childhood TB in EDR and MWDR/FWDR regions.
- Strengthened courier system and
- 9 events organized to orient 231 health workers of Ilam, Jhapa, Morang, Saptari, Sunsari on TB screening of malnourished children.
News & Events
Stakeholder consultation under READ-It project
Stakeholder consultation on 'Calcium supplementation to pregnant women in Nepal: Its implications on reduction of pre-eclampsia' was conducted on 18th April 2021 under the READ-It project. In the program, government...
Strategic Planning workshop
BNMT Nepal organized a 2 days strategic planning workshop from 13th to 14th April in Nagarkot, Kathmandu. In the program, the team along with the representatives of the executive board...
Experience of participating in the Union Conference, Hyderabad
It was a great opportunity for me as a part of the IMPACT TB team to participate in the 50th Union World Conference on Lung Health, held in Hyderabad India, from 30th October to 2nd November, 2019. The Union Conference...