National Tuberculosis Program Update – Other activities
Under the project, National Tuberculosis Program, the following activities have been completed in Eastern Development Region as well as Mid/Far Western Development Regions till mid-June 2017.
- 97 events organized to orient the school children on TB.
- 14 events organized to provide orientation for Health teachers on TB.
- 3 events of interaction programs organized for Public Private Practitioners on National TB program, benefitting 180 participants.
- Strengthened referral mechanism in TB/HIV -27 events of orientations organized for cross referral of TB/HIV,benefitting 656 health workers.
- 2 events organized to initiate orientation on Isoniazid Preventive Therapy (IPT) for RTLO and DTLO in Nepalganj and Hetauda with 42 participants.
- Orientation conducted for BNMT staffs on courier system strengthening, initiation of IPT, malnutrition and childhood TB in EDR and MWDR/FWDR regions.
- Strengthened courier system and
- 9 events organized to orient 231 health workers of Ilam, Jhapa, Morang, Saptari, Sunsari on TB screening of malnourished children.
News & Events
DrOTS Nepal in National Television
On 4th Jan, 2020, news about the drone project, DrOTS Nepal was broadcasted in national television, Kantipur TV. The news mainly focused on how the drone is functioning and supporting...
IMPACT 2 TB: Signing of MOU with the Ministry of Health and Population
After the successful completion of IMPACT TB phase I, BNMT Nepal is implementing the second phase, IMPACT 2 TB, ‘Implementation Modeling and Validation to Accelerate TB elimination in Nepal’ funded...
Reminiscing a great career enhancing opportunity
It was a wonderful oncology fellowship experience at the hospital from July to September 2018. I take it as a lifetime achievement possible with the support of BNMT team in Kathmandu and Great Britain especially, Co-Chair Dr. Gillian. The Fellowship...