Local Adaptation Plans for Action (LAPA)
BNMT Nepal has been implementing the project entitled Local Adaptation Plans for Action (LAPA). This project was started in February 2014 covering 9 districts.
Project Goal: To prepare nine Local Adaptation Plans for Action (LAPAs) in the selected districts based on national framework of LAPA
- To conduct climate change awareness raising activities targeted at vulnerable communities and government agencies of the selected districts
- To assess climate change vulnerability identifying adaptation needs and initiatives of climate change vulnerable people, community and VDCs/DDCs;
- To design a total of 9 LAPAs in project VDCs that can be successfully integrated into local priorities of VDCs through bottom up VDC annual plan that will feed into annual DDC plan
- To assess the capacity of service providers as well as VDC and district level government and non-government stakeholders in providing climate change related services
- To implement monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities to develop a baseline of the current climate vulnerability for the 3 districts of Hub-2
Project Coverage: 9 VDCs with 9500 Households in Three Districts (Kailali, Achham and Bajura)
Target group and beneficiaries: Socio-economically vulnerable people who are living in natural hazards sensitive area
News & Events
DrOTS Nepal in National Television
On 4th Jan, 2020, news about the drone project, DrOTS Nepal was broadcasted in national television, Kantipur TV. The news mainly focused on how the drone is functioning and supporting...
IMPACT 2 TB: Signing of MOU with the Ministry of Health and Population
After the successful completion of IMPACT TB phase I, BNMT Nepal is implementing the second phase, IMPACT 2 TB, ‘Implementation Modeling and Validation to Accelerate TB elimination in Nepal’ funded...
Reminiscing a great career enhancing opportunity
It was a wonderful oncology fellowship experience at the hospital from July to September 2018. I take it as a lifetime achievement possible with the support of BNMT team in Kathmandu and Great Britain especially, Co-Chair Dr. Gillian. The Fellowship...