Local Adaptation Plans for Action (LAPA)
BNMT Nepal has been implementing the project entitled Local Adaptation Plans for Action (LAPA). This project was started in February 2014 covering 9 districts.
Project Goal: To prepare nine Local Adaptation Plans for Action (LAPAs) in the selected districts based on national framework of LAPA
- To conduct climate change awareness raising activities targeted at vulnerable communities and government agencies of the selected districts
- To assess climate change vulnerability identifying adaptation needs and initiatives of climate change vulnerable people, community and VDCs/DDCs;
- To design a total of 9 LAPAs in project VDCs that can be successfully integrated into local priorities of VDCs through bottom up VDC annual plan that will feed into annual DDC plan
- To assess the capacity of service providers as well as VDC and district level government and non-government stakeholders in providing climate change related services
- To implement monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities to develop a baseline of the current climate vulnerability for the 3 districts of Hub-2
Project Coverage: 9 VDCs with 9500 Households in Three Districts (Kailali, Achham and Bajura)
Target group and beneficiaries: Socio-economically vulnerable people who are living in natural hazards sensitive area
News & Events
Stakeholder consultation under READ-It project
Stakeholder consultation on 'Calcium supplementation to pregnant women in Nepal: Its implications on reduction of pre-eclampsia' was conducted on 18th April 2021 under the READ-It project. In the program, government...
Strategic Planning workshop
BNMT Nepal organized a 2 days strategic planning workshop from 13th to 14th April in Nagarkot, Kathmandu. In the program, the team along with the representatives of the executive board...
Experience of participating in the Union Conference, Hyderabad
It was a great opportunity for me as a part of the IMPACT TB team to participate in the 50th Union World Conference on Lung Health, held in Hyderabad India, from 30th October to 2nd November, 2019. The Union Conference...