Local Adaptation Plans for Action (LAPA)
BNMT Nepal has been implementing the project entitled Local Adaptation Plans for Action (LAPA). This project was started in February 2014 covering 9 districts.
Project Goal: To prepare nine Local Adaptation Plans for Action (LAPAs) in the selected districts based on national framework of LAPA
- To conduct climate change awareness raising activities targeted at vulnerable communities and government agencies of the selected districts
- To assess climate change vulnerability identifying adaptation needs and initiatives of climate change vulnerable people, community and VDCs/DDCs;
- To design a total of 9 LAPAs in project VDCs that can be successfully integrated into local priorities of VDCs through bottom up VDC annual plan that will feed into annual DDC plan
- To assess the capacity of service providers as well as VDC and district level government and non-government stakeholders in providing climate change related services
- To implement monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities to develop a baseline of the current climate vulnerability for the 3 districts of Hub-2
Project Coverage: 9 VDCs with 9500 Households in Three Districts (Kailali, Achham and Bajura)
Target group and beneficiaries: Socio-economically vulnerable people who are living in natural hazards sensitive area
News & Events
AmplifyChange project dissemination
The dissemination of lessons learned program of the AmplifyChange funded project 'Advancing SRHR of adolescents of earthquake affected villages of Sindhupalchowk district, Nepal : A pilot project' was conducted on...
Stakeholder consultation under READ-It project
Stakeholder consultation on 'Calcium supplementation to pregnant women in Nepal: Its implications on reduction of pre-eclampsia' was conducted on 18th April 2021 under the READ-It project. In the program, government...
That feeling of being cured from TB! – Journey of a 28-year-old mother
We were celebrating our family ritual, and in the evening, I puked blood. I was scared to death about what happened to me. My mother in law suggested that probably the ritual was not performed correctly, therefore I had to...