Rights based programming to respond to HIV and AIDS (RBA)
In collaboration with the Britain Nepal Medical Trust, BNMT Nepal has been implementing the project entitled Rights based programming to respond to HIV and AIDS. This project which started in 2012, works towards improving the health status of disadvantaged communities of selected catchments of Surkhet and Banke districts in Mid-Western Region of Nepal.
The objectives of this project are:
- Strengthening health service governance to increase access of essential HIV/AIDS.
- Related health services for the disadvantaged communities; and,
- Increasing access to social services and livelihood options to disadvantaged communities, so that the demand for and access to prevention and control services of HIV/AIDS is increased.
The target groups and the project coverage areas are:
- Project Coverage: 12 VDCs with 24747 Households in Two Districts (Surkhet and Banke)
- Target group and beneficiaries: Socio-economically vulnerable people from Dalit, excluded, marginalized and PLWHA
- Increased delivery of quality health care services from 12 Health Institutions (HIs) with 1098 (M=507 and F=591) participants especially focusing on HIV and AIDS, STI and infection prevention;
- Increased income of at least 200 disadvantaged families so that the demand for and access to prevention and control services of HIV/AIDS is increased;
- Strengthened capacity and mobilization of 64 Civil Society Organizations with 768 (M=473,F=295) beneficiaries to respond to issues of HIV and AIDS at the origin, transit and Destination and
- Knowledge management and dissemination of project learning (3 Baseline/end line study/, 12 human interest stories, 2 good practices sharing .
News & Events
DrOTS Nepal in National Television
On 4th Jan, 2020, news about the drone project, DrOTS Nepal was broadcasted in national television, Kantipur TV. The news mainly focused on how the drone is functioning and supporting...
IMPACT 2 TB: Signing of MOU with the Ministry of Health and Population
After the successful completion of IMPACT TB phase I, BNMT Nepal is implementing the second phase, IMPACT 2 TB, ‘Implementation Modeling and Validation to Accelerate TB elimination in Nepal’ funded...
Reminiscing a great career enhancing opportunity
It was a wonderful oncology fellowship experience at the hospital from July to September 2018. I take it as a lifetime achievement possible with the support of BNMT team in Kathmandu and Great Britain especially, Co-Chair Dr. Gillian. The Fellowship...