Rights based programming to respond to HIV and AIDS (RBA)
In collaboration with the Britain Nepal Medical Trust, BNMT Nepal has been implementing the project entitled Rights based programming to respond to HIV and AIDS. This project which started in 2012, works towards improving the health status of disadvantaged communities of selected catchments of Surkhet and Banke districts in Mid-Western Region of Nepal.
The objectives of this project are:
- Strengthening health service governance to increase access of essential HIV/AIDS.
- Related health services for the disadvantaged communities; and,
- Increasing access to social services and livelihood options to disadvantaged communities, so that the demand for and access to prevention and control services of HIV/AIDS is increased.
The target groups and the project coverage areas are:
- Project Coverage: 12 VDCs with 24747 Households in Two Districts (Surkhet and Banke)
- Target group and beneficiaries: Socio-economically vulnerable people from Dalit, excluded, marginalized and PLWHA
- Increased delivery of quality health care services from 12 Health Institutions (HIs) with 1098 (M=507 and F=591) participants especially focusing on HIV and AIDS, STI and infection prevention;
- Increased income of at least 200 disadvantaged families so that the demand for and access to prevention and control services of HIV/AIDS is increased;
- Strengthened capacity and mobilization of 64 Civil Society Organizations with 768 (M=473,F=295) beneficiaries to respond to issues of HIV and AIDS at the origin, transit and Destination and
- Knowledge management and dissemination of project learning (3 Baseline/end line study/, 12 human interest stories, 2 good practices sharing .
News & Events
Stakeholder consultation under READ-It project
Stakeholder consultation on 'Calcium supplementation to pregnant women in Nepal: Its implications on reduction of pre-eclampsia' was conducted on 18th April 2021 under the READ-It project. In the program, government...
Strategic Planning workshop
BNMT Nepal organized a 2 days strategic planning workshop from 13th to 14th April in Nagarkot, Kathmandu. In the program, the team along with the representatives of the executive board...
Experience of participating in the Union Conference, Hyderabad
It was a great opportunity for me as a part of the IMPACT TB team to participate in the 50th Union World Conference on Lung Health, held in Hyderabad India, from 30th October to 2nd November, 2019. The Union Conference...