Post Doctoral Researcher in Evidence Synthesis
Post Doctoral Researcher in Evidence Synthesis
DUTY LOCATION: Kathmandu, Head Office
VALID DATE: Closed
BNMT is partnering with the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK in a research project entitled “The Research, Evidence and Development Initiative (READ-IT; www.evidence4health.org/)” in Nepal to be launched from June 2020. The Post Doctoral Researcher role will complete high quality, policy relevant, informative systematic reviews in infectious diseases relevant to low- and middle-income countries. The role will be primarily desk-based, to conduct systematic retrieval and data-extraction of web-based literature for evidence synthesis, and to prepare manuscripts for publication in international journals. The role will also entail design, conduct and follow-up of policy with relevant stakeholders, including ministerial level, with support and mentorship from researchers at the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK. The aim of these meetings will be to identify priority questions for the health sector in Nepal and to disseminate research findings in a digestible form to stakeholders to facilitate translation of knowledge to action.
- Responsible for designing and conducting the READ-IT Research in Nepal for LSTM funded by the DfID with national and international team;
- To complete high quality, policy relevant, informative systematic reviews in infectious diseases relevant to low- and middle-income countries in accordance with the principles and procedures of Cochrane reviews.
- Conduct a literature review and scoping exercise to identify key stakeholders and priority health topics for evidence synthesis within Nepal.
- Prepare and execute policy dialogues with stakeholders with support from the administrative team
- Develop and test data extraction models in collaboration with LSTM team for agreed systematic review topics
- Carry out robust and comprehensive systematic literature reviews and data extraction including grey literature for identified topics
- Prepare manuscripts for submission to international peer-reviewed open access journals on agreed topics
- Prepare digestible policy brief summaries of the research findings
- Prepare and execute research dissemination meetings with stakeholders and facilitate translation of findings to policy uptake
Program Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Develop project timelines, budgeting, , and reporting withthe project manager.;
- Liase with READ-IT team at Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine.
- Prepare reports for submission to LSTM in compliance with DFID requirements.
- Supervision of research assistant in conducting literature search and data extraction.
- Report to executive director and provide written progress summaries/briefings as required
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations under BNMT, LSTM and DFID requirements.
Coordination, Liaison and Advocacy
- Develop networking system with partners and advocate BNMT NEPAL and READ-IT programme as required;
- Coordinate with line agencies, health staff and authorities at central, regional and international levels;
- Liaise and coordinate with different I/NGOs for collaboration and partnership as well as for exchanging and sharing of information and lessons learned;
- Co-ordinate regularly with other senior staff of BNMT NEPAL;
- Attend regular meetings with stakeholders as required.
- Guide, support and supervise Research Assistant as required.
- Carry out other activities as reasonably requested by the line manager, SMT..
Education and Experience
- PhD in relevant health sciences field with at least 2-years professional experience as researcher.
- Good knowledge of health and development issues of Nepal;
- Sound knowledge in program planning and budgeting;
- Sound knowledge in participatory and adult learning process;
- Statistical analysis
- Systematic and detail-oriented approach to analysis
- Critical thinking
- Experience in conducting systematic reviews would be highly advantageous
- Highly developed interpersonal relationship skills (IPR);
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills;
- Demonstrable experience in supervision and successful delivery of project outcomes
- Leadership and negotiation skills;
- Computer literate with knowledge and experience of data base programmes (EPI Info/SPSS/Access), and presentations (PowerPoint);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Nepali –proven ability to write research publications to a standard sufficient for an international audience.
News & Events
DrOTS Nepal wins the 2020 TIACA Sustainability Awards
Our drone project DrOTS Nepal partner, Nepal Flying Labs has been declared as the winner of the TIACA Air Cargo Sustainability Awards 2020 for the project in the Start-up category....
Experience of participating in the Union Conference, Hyderabad
It was a great opportunity for me as a part of the IMPACT TB team to participate in the 50th Union World Conference on Lung Health, held in Hyderabad India, from 30th October to 2nd November, 2019. The Union Conference...